Saturday, July 12, 2014

Rant Alert!!

So, it's been a really long time since I've posted. The last time I did, I blogged about THE wheel. Yes, I'd finally found the wheel I wanted made. WELL!

Mr. Carson Cooper assured me he could make it. Me, being the good little do bee, adhered to his requirements and sent him half down as a deposit. That's $1,200.00, folks. A few months later, I sent him $300.00 more.

$1,200.00 + $300.00 = $1,500.00. Just so we are on the same page.

Fast forward one year. Since shoring up the deal; choosing the wood,  bearings, right side flyer, etc, I hadn't emailed him, so I sent him a "touching base" email.

Fast forward one more year. (We are at the two year mark here) I send another "touching base" email.  After hitting send I thought I ought to take a look at my paperwork.  It had been over two years. Unsure as to what to do; I confidentially contacted a few friends who had wheels made by other wheel makers. Consensus was, it was perfectly appropriate to ask for a potential completion date.

So I did.

Mr (I use this term lightly) Carson Cooper immediately shot back the most hateful, nasty email I have ever received. Mr. Spiritual has a really dark side!

Next thing I know,  June 13 of 2013 I receive a notice from PayPal that Mr. Hyde has sent me $30.00 toward refunding my deposit. That is THIRTY dollars. He had not even told me he was flaking out on our deal!

I did eventually receive the whole $1,500.00. I considered myself fortunate. I ordered a Schacht-Reeves Saxony 30" in Cherry. She's beautiful!

Back to business: this year I was contacted by someone who I'd seen on the Rav Cooper Spinning Wheels forum, asking if is ever received my wheel. This led to my discovery that he has fucked many people over who in good faith ordered wheels from him, turning over hard-earned money.

Carson Cooper is a lying, hateful thief. In the hateful email he sent (over a year ago) he informs me 10 years ago he only had 7 years to live. And he still takes orders.

I have remained quiet for over a year now, and I WON'T be quiet any more!!

DO NOT GIVE THIS MAN YOUR MONEY!!

Don't be a victim. There are many reputable wheel makers out there. This fool gives them all a bad name.

BTW: I have hard copies of ALL communication through Ravelry, email, and PayPal. If you want a copy, let me know and I'll mail it!!

This has been incredibly therapeutic.

5 comments:

  1. DO NOT SEND THIS GUY A DIME! (unless you have an irrational hatred of dimes)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The whole post sounds cathartic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish i’d known what a “jerk” he is before i bought two wheels from him. the wheels have beautiful craftsmanship... but getting any help with nuances on how to spin on the wheels is exasperating to say the least. i’m not a mean person...but he has blocked me now from both his Ravelry groups 😳😬😠

    ReplyDelete