Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Pen Turning

I just love wood turning! My best girlie pal, Kelly, and I have been turning out Russian spindles like mad (no pun intended ~ or, maybe so!). We have become pretty darn good at it; if I may say so:


These are the last three I have turned...



Now for the pens. After getting past the realization that I would have to shell out more $ for more attachments to fit my lathe, I shelled out more $ and picked up said attachments to fit my lathe. Okay. That being said; I have had a great time turning pens! Such a change from turning spindles. Itty-bitty wood blanks use itty-bitty chisels. "When I grow up I wanna be a BIG chisel!"

Okay, yes, my tools talk to me.

Well! Here is the first pen I turned; it is Cocoboula wood, and probably my favorite wood for pens so far:


Next; I made one out of Redheart, then out of Purpleheart. Of course, the Purpleheart came out PERFECT. The Purpleheart is on top; and by process of elimination, the bottom one is Redheart.




Life is good when there's wood....

No comments:

Post a Comment