Sunday, May 9, 2010

Semester is over

For those who have been in school; you will understand what I mean by "end of the semester" syndrome. It involves staring at your book bag, pacing uncontrollably, and not having anything school-wise to stress about. Which is ironic; because that is causing me stress.  I can't sit still long enough to knit or spin. I did, however, take the pups outside and comb the CVM/Romney fleece that Kelly and I split.

Changing the subject, I have some new words and definitions for you to peruse and give me your take on. Think about these when you are driving. They are as follows:

Slowcornerturner: person driving a car that takes a corner waaaaaay to slow.

Slowtakeroffer: person driving a car that is aware that the light has changed; but doesn't want to wear out their accelerator pedal.

Lightrollerupper: person who rolls forward at a light. The irritating part of this is that as anxious as they appear, they are actually a slowtakeroffer.

Leftlanehostagetaker: this is the person on the turnpike that pulls into the left lane; and does just under the speed limit, thereby trapping drivers behind them.

Disclaimer: this is by no means a complete list. I am sure that in time it will be expanded to accommodate additional life situations we all deal with.

Again, feel free to add your experiences to the list!


Change of subject # 2
Drum carders. Yup. Borrowed Kelly's. I am returning it to Kelly at the soonest possible date. Yup. I tried it. I must add here that I am a fleece whore, but a very particular one. I am also a huge fan of combing my fleece into top.

Yup. I tried it. I cleaned it off to keep my batts pristine. Yup. tried to run the fluffed-out locks through the "picker" roller, waiting excitedly to see the fleece building up on the big drum. Where the hell is it???? Oh, there it is; wrapped around the "picker" part. 

Okay, cleaned that off and tried again. Same deal. Okay. decided to fluff out a bump of hand-dyed roving from my Spunky Eclectic fiber club. Yup. Ended up laying the fluffy bits on the drum, and turning that. It worked better, but not to my satisfaction.

Yup. It's back in the Jeep waiting for the first available date to take it back to Kelly.

I'm a comb snob and I will just have to *sigh* accept it....

No comments:

Post a Comment